Monday 24 June 2013

Gym Fanatic Fantasy

(Note this blog post will be focusing on the gym facilities)
On the afternoon we arrived at our hotel the weather was showing us it's worst, so we decided to take ourselves on a tour around the Shangri-la and see what facilities the resort has to offer.

My one and only hobby back home is the gym. I go morning and evenings up to 6 days a week. So when I stumbled across the gym at the resort, I had opened the glass doors to heaven.





Outside the gym, the large glass windows give the tred-mill users a front row glimpse of the islands beyond the water. The gardens outside the window shelter a small pond where large fish swim.
In Singapore, the gym facility I was offered at the hotel was smaller than my bedroom. (Not a large bedroom) So I found myself hurrying down to the Shangri-la gym whenever the weather turned sour late in the afternoons or early mornings before our large buffet breakfast.

The TRX came in handy and the cardio equipment were more up to date than the equipment at my local fitness first in Sydney.

Keeping my workouts simple overseas
Beginning with cardio I wandered off to the back of the gym to see what they had to offer.
I did weighted lunges, squats with a medicine ball and used resistance ropes to add resistance to single-legged squats. (Similar to a CX works class)
On other days I did push ups with my feet in the TRX and did other basic abdominal exercises on the yoga matts.
Benches, dumbbells and seated curls kept me feeling tight, with some seated tricep dips on the side.

It didn't take long to work up a sweat. Even early in the morning the temperature would quickly rise to 27 degrees around 10am. But the air-conditioning wasn't bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment