Monday 24 June 2013

My Cup Of Tea

After spending a terribly boring 6 days in Singapore (Singapore Adventure), a euphoric rush roared through my body as the plane fired up the engines to take off and soar through the air towards Sabah, where we began our Borneo adventure in Kota Kinabalu.

After the storm cleared on the first day.
In my Singapore Adventure blog, I bored you all with the touristy destinations that all travel-savvy-readers have read before. In Borneo I found landscapes and rainforests that didn't have maps to tell me where to go, but paths that had been beaten down for travellers to explore.

Spending the majority of our time in Kota Kinabalu, we also took a day trip over to the North-Eastern Coast of Sabah, Sandakan.
In Sandakan we visited the Sepilok National Park, which is home to more than 70 orangutans that are roaming freely through the rainforest. Here these orangutans undergo rehabilitation, to be released back into the wild after they have learnt to feed for themselves with the help of their friendly park rangers.
During the Sandakan day trip our tour guide chauffeured us around the city, showing us the many sites Sandakan has to offer.

Kota Kinabalu has so much to offer, and for that reason I cannot wait to return to Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment